When most people assume that the Holidays are the slowest time for Real Estate, there is actually a unique opportunity to capture some attention for your listing or as a buyer to jump on a property when others may not be paying much attention. Every year it's a conversation we have with clients!
Take a look at our 11 Reasons to list your home during the holidays!
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are typically more serious buyers.
- Often because inventory is low around the Holiday season, serious Buyers have fewer houses to choose from. Less competition means your home has a higher likelihood of selling for top dollar.
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home, statistically lowering the offers coming in. Less demand means less money for you.
- Houses show magnificently when decorated for the holidays!
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay closer to your list price.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays and brief time leading up to them than they do during their typical working week.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now so you don’t miss out on this niche of potential buyers.
- You can still be on the market but you have the option to understandably restrict showings during the six or seven days during the height of the Holidays.
- You can sell now for more money and we will negotiate for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early in the New Year.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market, for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low, while not having to worry about the sale of your current home to waive conditions on the purchase of your new one.